Sunday, March 1, 2009

Beautiful Living Nature through Photography!


After 'fong fei kei' by 2 photography teachers, 'FINALLY!' Hubby and I just started our photography classes on 18 Feb 2009, every Wed from 8:00 - 9:30pm.

The class is interesting! I started to understand and learn a lot how to capture better photographs. I don't really like to use my new SLR camera, it's well kept in the sun-dry cabinet most of the time.

Even after 2 classes, I'm still always confuse with the 'technical figure', confuse about the "The Exposure Triangle", the inter-relation between these 3 in order to get a better picture! Huh!

We just had our first outing in Ulam Yam yesterday early in the morning. I took about 350 photos with different set-up, but only a very few that I am quite satisfy! After this, I started to fall in love to my camera. I started to read the 'instruction manual' now, heheh... :P

For the outing, we were focus in using the Aperture-Priority AE Mode to have some control of the aperture and camera will automatically set the shutter speeds to obtain the correct exposure suiting the subject brightness. For better understanding, I experiment taking a series of shots with different aperture settings from the smallest setting to the largest. Wow! The photos are lovely! I'm able to see how the main impact that aperture had on images was with regards to Depth of Field (DOF). i.e with large depths of field (and small Apertures); shallow DOF with large aperture.


Here is the 1st stop along the road side. Hubby and I's looking at each other and asking 'What to take'???!!! heheh... However, we stayed in the place quite a while once we started taking photos. We managed to get some nice pics.

Our teacher, Ya Hua (in blue shirt - http://yahuatan05.multiply.com/) was explaining something to the guys. I use to call him 亚华师兄 :) He is a very kind, friendly, understanding, patient and helpful teacher. Really thankful and lucky to be able to learn under him as I'm kind of 'slow' learner in this subject. Most importantly, thanks for his selflessly sharing all the time to help the students to understand better in order to produce better work! :D



Got some nice macro pic 1st time with the AV mode without the macro lens.
SS: 1/83s
AV: 1/4
ISO 100
Exposure: 0.00eV
Center Weighted Average
Focal Length: 105mm
AWB



SS: 1/166s
AV: 1/4
ISO 100
Exposure: 0.00eV
Center Weighted Average
Focal Length: 95mm
AWB




Here is the 2nd spot to take water fall pictures. Staying in this place even longer. It's really train our patient to get a suitable time/lights for better photograph.



SS: 1/16s
AV: 1/4
ISO 100
Exposure: 0.00eV
Center Weighted Average
Focal Length: 24mm
AWB



SS: 1/3s
AV: 1/9.9



SS: 1/1s
AV: 1/14.1



SS: 1.6104902
AV: 1/22.6



Looking forward for the next class and outing again! I'm just falling in love...
再接再厉! ^_^

No comments: